Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

September 3, 2011

Slip proofing your rugs

Happy Saturday Everyone!
Today I have a quick little trick that I want to share with you. 
I saw this on Martha Stewart and knew I had to try it.


Through out my main floor I have these runners.


As you can see from the picture they are all sorts of crooked! 
Between kids and my dog I cannot keep these things straight. 
They even have a soft felt bottom that is supposed to keep them from moving, but obviously it doesn't work.


So I tried Martha's trick and it worked!

All you have to do to keep these rugs in place is apply strips of acrylic latex caulk on the back of your rugs.


Martha says to do it every 6 inches, but I thought that was a bit much considering how long my rugs are, so I did it about every foot.
 They don't have to be perfect, I just eyeballed it. 


Once that is done you need to let it dry. 
Do not flip them over until they are fully dry!
I put my in my basement with a fan on it to dry them faster.


Once they are dry you can flip them over and enjoy your slip proof rugs!
My rugs are so secure now and won't budge at all!


Best idea ever!

2 comments:

Pine Tree Home said...

Sure beats those pricey rug pads. Martha is so genius.

Mallory said...

I will definitely be trying this out!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...