Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

June 14, 2011

Master bath plans

Sorry I have dropped the ball on this blog, but I have some pretty exciting and BIG things coming up. Things that I am in shock about really, that have to do with Rod Works and Studio 5!!! Sorry but those things will have to wait:( 

For now I want to share my plans for our master bath as we are getting ready to change up this room a bit. 

Our bathroom is kind of a hard space for me. Its big and has everything that I want in a bathroom, but it really has a lot of wasted space. One day I would love to redo the whole thing, like expand the shower and add a window...but for now I will settle on a few smaller scale changes. Here is our bathroom before we moved in.



So far I am thinking that I want to frame in the mirrors like this:


(photo courtesy of The Idea Room)

I also want to paint the room a similar color to the picture above. I definitely want to add some beadboard around the tub and add a veneer front to hide the hideous jetted tub motor. 


Maybe something along these lines:


Also I want to rip out the ugly marble surround on the tub and replace it with some tile.

And lastly I always wanted a chandelier above my tub like these photos:

( photo from Nate Berkus)

(Things that inspire)

This one is bit big but you get the idea. 
I love the color and sparkle of this bathroom and it serves as my inspiration for my bathroom. 

I was able to get started on my bathroom revamp last week when my Dad came in town and brought me a beautiful chandelier.
He installed it for me and I love it. 
We didn't have a light source above our tub at all so this was a nice surprise!


A little bit of light makes a big difference in a small space. 
Well there is our very small start to our bathroom revamp. 
Hopefully in the next couple of weeks we can get this room done...crossing my fingers!

2 comments:

The Jensen's said...

you probably already have a plan for your framed mirrors, but I did mine a few months ago and the blog tutorial I used was this one http://showandtell-sausha.blogspot.com/search/label/framed%20builder%20mirror just an idea. good luck

Candace said...

Our bathrooms are close to identical! I can't wait to see what you do with yours.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...